Friday, April 15, 2011

Southern Storms

Earlier this week while I was out running an errand about 30 minutes away from home, I got caught in a nasty storm. Within minutes after the rain began falling, my car began to sway under the pressure of the massive winds- it was really scary! When I slowed down to stop at a red traffic light, large hail began hitting my windshield, and at that point I knew I was in the middle of something really ugly. As the light turned green, I reached toward my radio knob and turned the volume up just in time to hear that a tornado warning was in effect for the very road that I was driving...I quickly pulled into a gas station....

Thankfully, I made it home safely within the next hour of that awful storm...but today another one, even worse struck our area, causing several tornadoes to touch down...Wow. There were some really stressful moments there for a few moments!

Here are a few photos of the storm, WAY before it even had the chance to get crazy!!!!






No comments: