Monday, December 5, 2011

Enjoying A Slower, More Meaningful Christmas Season


You probably could have guessed this, but in the past the Christmas season hasn't always flowed very well for me. Don't get me wrong, I've always made it all come together-some how, some way (like most things in my life). Yet, it usually came at a price (like loosing lots of sleep, or not having time to make cookies w/the kids in order to clean the house for company, etc...). And, it always seemed to happen at the very last minute with me running around like a crazy lady charged up on a combination of pure adrenaline and guilt-afterall, my efforts were responsible for building memories for my children!

But this year is different.

With a new found appreciation for a slower, more meaningful life, I started thinking about my vision of Christmas much earlier than I ever would have before. I found inspiration from one of my most loved go to resources, Simple Mom, with her Plan Your Peaceful Christmas series. I began prioritizing certain aspects of Christmas and nixing others. So far, I'm actually feeling ahead, and because of it I've had the time to plan for lots of fun holiday activities, as well as new traditions. It's made such a huge difference-even this early in December...now I just need to keep this rythm flowing!

No comments: