Monday, November 16, 2009

Early Moring Rambling


I can't seem to stop myself from waking up at 5 or 6 am! I wouldn't think that the one hour time difference would really matter all that much, but apparently my body feels otherwise! Oh well, it's kind of nice. I get to take a few extra minutes for myself and a few with the dogs out for their morning "walk." This is the 6 am view outside of our temp. apartment that I get to soak in...



Not bad, right? Pete and I are on a mission to find out if that house is a residence or otherwise, it'sabsurdly HUGE...but enchanting as well.

Well, we made it through our first weekend in Birmingham. We filled Saturday with hours spent at Oakwood State Park fishing, hiking, swinging, driving and dreaming together as a family (dogs included!). We also found and attended a new Catholic church, Our Lady of the Valley, just a few miles from our new house! The mellow weekend was exactly what we all needed after last week's chaotic and slightly overwhelming days filled with packing, cleaning, emotional goodbyes and more.

Saying goodbye to friends was really difficult, but I know that the friendships we made are strong enough to withstand some distance. Thanks fCarolyn for all of your amazing help last week!

Today marks the kids (second) first day of school this year! We are off to an early start, and hopefully a smooth transition for them. Nate role played last night (without any prompting!) and walked up to me, lunch box in tote, and asked, " excuse me, do you know where my music class is?" I thought it was really sweet that he wanted to practice and prepare for today. When I asked him whether he was scared or just a little nervous about today, I was relieved to hear him reply, "just a little nervous mom..."

Wish us luck today!

No comments: