Thursday, November 5, 2009

Six days...

SIX days left here....

We are doing well. I'm still fighting some congestion left from this never ending cold, but my energy level is back, thank God for that!

Last night I met up for some cerveza and chips and salsa with my good, no, wonderful friend Gwen for one last hurrah before Pete and I and the kids leave town. The few, but awesome friendships I've formed since living here have definitely been the highlight of my time in Columbia SC!

I am in this weird phase where I don't know what to do with myself half the time. I have about ten lists, pages long, but so much of it can't be done until the last few days of being here...I feel like I am one step out the door and am almost wishing the process to just hurry up already, if it has to happen anyway.
We'll be headed to a corporate apartment in Birmingham next Wednesday and will stay there for a few weeks before closing on the new house Nov. 30th. We gave ourselves a week in between the closing and the mover's arrival to the new house so that we could paint and make some small repairs.

Here a few pictures of the new house in Birmingham:




Finished basement- will be play room/office space

Juliana's new room

Nate's room

Guest bedroom and bath

View of the living room from upstairs hallway

Upstairs hallway

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your new home looks beautiful! Hope you had a safe trip down to AL! Good luck with the closing and settling in. Thinking of you!