Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Living in Birmingham


Having recently moved to Birmingham, I am still finding my way around town and discovering the best of green living and sustainable concepts offered throughout the Magic City.


Today I came across My Green Birmingham and was thrilled with the amount of information and resorces available.


If you're a Birmingham resident (or a dweller in a nearby town) you'd be crazy not to become a regular of this site.


A sneek peak of My Green Birmingham reveals a fantastic list of Quick Tips proving that anyone with a little bit of motivation can go green, monthly giveaways, and one of my favorite resources as a newcomer to the city, an awesome Green Guide to environmentally friendly businesses, retailers, organic grocers, and environmental nonprofits, just to name a few.


Those of you who are familiar with my past struggles of living in environmentally concious deficeint communities...hear me breath a huge *sigh of relief.*
Cheers, Kate

1 comment:

Kathy Slattengren said...

Thanks Kate! I've just tried the "cheap and natural" way to unplug a drain using baking soda and vinegar. It should be fixed in about an hour!