Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kindness DOES Still Exist!


After making plans with some friends to head out to a local inflatable bouncy place this morning, I checked the web to see that Pump It Up in Pelham dedicates a few mornings a week to "drop in" times, otherwise the place books up for parties etc...


Yet in my own stupor, I still managed to get the day wrong and after the troops and I arrived our friends and I discovered my terrible error. While the kids anxiously ran around the waiting room, I spoke to the owner who told me about a birthday party going on.


CRAP.


So, back out to the cars we went, only a minute later to be called by the owner back into the building...


"I can open up the other room for you all, and the birthday party will be over in about 20 minutes. I'll let you come in," he offered. "I don't want to disappoint the kids."


WHAT?!!! For real? I was blown away. On top of that, he only charged us for two children, instead of the 4 we had with us.


In a world full of complaints and bitterness, frustrations and complications, this man went out of his way to provide a kind of generosity you don't see very often these days. It was a great reminder to push myself to be more kind. It also offered up a free lesson to teach our children the same.


Thank you to the owner of Pump It up in Pelham!!!


Cheers, Kate


2 comments:

Rob said...

There is only one word to explain the managers insane behavior, "drugs". These kids today with their little happy pills. What ever happened to being cranky, rude and plain old unpleasant? When I was a kid we walked to school uphill both ways in snow up to our eyeballs and you know what; we like it!

Unknown said...

LOL at Rob's comment! Yes, it is so refreshing when you find that kindness and good people do exist!