Friday, September 24, 2010

What A Day...

Last nigh as Nate was playing with the round rope swing, throwing it up in the air, poor Juliana got in the way and came face to face, literally, with what they call the "cookie" swing. Within minutes a large goose bump swelled up on one of her cheekbones. This morning we headed to the pediatrician and then over to get X-rays to make sure there weren't any fractures. Thankfully, there were not, just a cheek full of damaged internal tissue. Poor thing will probably look like she's been punched now for the next two weeks!



She's feeling much better this afternoon, and it's a good thing, because we have some celebrating to do here!

Nate lost his first tooth while at school today! Sadly, however, he asked me if the tooth fairy could bring him a new toy gun.

Are you kidding me?!!!

"No," I responded. "The tooth fairy doesn't believe in guns!



And me? Well, my excitement for the day was having to chase down my runaway dogs for the umpteenth time. And go figure, of all of the days they run away, today they were not wearing their collars and tags...


...at least I finally got my hair cut!!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Love the new 'do...very hip!

Krista said...

I love the 2nd photo of Jules with the hat. So cute! Poor baby doll with her bruised cheek! I got your call and will call tomorrow.

Til next time...Leslie said...

Ahh! Poor Julianna! She really is a tough cookie! First her tooth, now her little face! What a trooper! Love the Hair cut! Looks great!