Friday, September 17, 2010

Worth Noting- Juliana's First Week of Preschool



Another school year has begun, meaning more structure (THANK GOD) for all of us!

On her first day, Jules could barely keep herself from jumping out of the car and running into the school...quite a big difference from last year with all of her kicking and screaming as I tried my best to gently hand her over to the teachers...(I'm seriously wincing at the memory!).






She's growing up much too fast for my liking. Where do all of those little moments go, you know, the ones where you just stop what you're doing and look over at your children and try so hard to capture (in your fading mind's eye) the goofy face she's making, or the pure joy he's radiating as he just mastered writing his own name.
Each and every day I thank God for reminding me to stop here and there and take note of those moments.
This blog was created for that purpose-so that I could stop, take note and physically record our family's moments and experiences. I've let too many other things get in the way of keeping track, keeping current. Beginning today I am going to challenge myself to post here every day-at least from now until the end of the year. I'm curious to see how it will go for me-so many new responsibilities have left me feeling drained, unmotivated and facing a creative block (ahhhhh!).
But I know it needs to change, and I need to get back here. Even if I only post a picture or a quote, I'm committing myself to once again being present here daily...because this is the place for my good stuff...the stuff that is worth noting.






2 comments:

Kayla said...

Kate: A welcome reminder to all of us to focus on the beauty and wonder that is our children's fleeting, oh so fleeting childhood!

Maggie said...

Oh how true