Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Purging

Seriously, need I say more?

We've been busy here at the Agliata house, getting rid of STUFF, and more stuff. After two moves over the last few years, you would think that we would have been able to keep the clutter down, but I have learned that when you have kids the clutter just seems to keep on multiplying, almost on a daily basis!

This past Sunday, I spent nearly the entire day purging and de-cluttering, and sadly, never even made it past the kitchen! It was a lot of work, but at the end of the day, I ended up with two big boxes of stuff to go to the Goodwill, and a bit of stuff in the garbage as well.

We also keep a lot of the kid's art supplies in the kitchen, and as you can see, we (Jules) has issues with putting caps back on her markers. When I pulled out the bucket and saw how many markers were cap-less, she and I had a little talk. What a waste! Let's just say she has been banned from using markers for a while...

But in the end, ahhhhh...my kitchen feels like a good place to be, and that, I like very much.

2 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

We had the same talk about our markers yesterday! Ours were they same way!!

Granola Funk Mama said...

Have you read Simplicity Parenting? I haven't, but I heard it helps with identifying purging material.

I recently did the same at our house and am amazed with how much calmer the kids seem to be with less toys around.