Monday, May 9, 2011

Re-Haul


So this past Saturday we took on a little, no BIG, no huge project...



We decided to take on a little Bob Villa character, and freshen up completely overhaul our badly weathered front door 


We took it down, carried it down the front steps- that's right, all 1000 275 lbs. of it...let's just say that I needed a few breaks on the way to the garage.



Yup, we even made it a family affair! Everyone got involved in some way...



Funny, thing is that she actually did a really good job with that electric sander, I was super impressed!!



We uncovered some incredible wood underneath, it sure was purdy....I almost hated to re-stain it.



With all of that sanding, it got a little bit CRAZY dusty...I know, the dust cloud seemed to have settled a bit in this shot, but it was really bad!! That's right, that's me up there wearing the goofy mask- come on, a girl has to breath, doesn't she?!!


We chose a stain with a reddish tint, and I LOVE it!




Ahhhhh, and the amazing, fantastic, beautiful end result. Yup, to have completed such a cool project, from start to finish ourselves sure does feel good. 

2 comments:

Angela Keith said...

Awesome! You can stain mine if you want to :)

kate said...

Thanks Angela! Instead, how about I give you the low down on how we did it!!! Thanks again for checking out my site!