Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Ease of Recycling...Once Again!


Despite the usual lack of sleep I get (two toddlers) lately I have still been having some pretty memorable and interesting dreams. The other night I dreamt about having to make my way through an entire staff of school officials to get the information I needed about recycling a stack of papers. When someone finally gave me the correct information about the recycling BUS (yes, a bus) I watched as it passed me by and continued driving away off into the distance. Not too far off from the frustration I used to feel living in middle GA where if you brought your own bags to the grocery store people assumed you were going to shop lift (a cashier once told me this) and recycling was still a thing of the future.

It is so exciting to once again live in a community where recycling is a given, bringing your own bags is encouraged and green living is the norm, not the exception. I will tell you this though- my experience in GA taught me a great deal about living creatively green. Buying in bulk so as to use less material, being more aware of products I brought into my home, and re-using more often are among the many different changes I enacted so my family could still make a difference.

With 2009 right around the corner, I pledge to continue making more of a difference in my green living...what changes are you thinking of making?


1 comment:

Lizzie said...

i am so happy for you! Our recycling is kinda messed up right now, they keep skipping our house (they must think the house is still empty) and you are unable to take in your recycling yourself.... so, hopefully soon i will not have this recycling frustration you are all too familiar with, and now gone!

i'm tired, did that comment make sense? who knows :) Happy new year!!