Monday, January 5, 2009

Hope, faith and love in 2009


With the start of the new year, I, like everyone else, seem to be contemplating all of the challenges I faced in 2008 and what needs to be done differently in 2009. Yesterday my horoscope prescribed some serious soul searching into how I can stop putting everyone else first and start figuring out to get my own needs met. I can't help it though, it makes me happy to put others first... but I do see the importance of better taking care of myself, so I can better take care of others. The horoscope also encouraged me to make a priority once again any major project I had been putting off (can we say...THESIS?). Anyway, I have a lot to put back into action and a lot of soul searching to accomplish over the next few weeks.

In addition, the past few weeks have brought with them many family members to visit with us in our new home in SC. Although it has been a bit chaotic at times, it has also been lots of fun to spend so much time with people we don't get to see very often. This past weekend, along with a visit from Pete's father (Western NY) came a visit from one of Pete's aunts. Her recent move to Charlotte, NC came as a welcome surprise to us, as we now have more family nearby. It was wonderful to get to know this incredibly wise, and interesting woman. She is at a point of great transition in her life right now and it was exciting to hear her talk of the great possibilities surrounding her. Her quest for self realization and bettering her health and spirit have inspired me.

In 2009, I know I not only need to get back to my thesis, eat better and exercise a little more, but I also know I need to spend some time with my partially abandoned spirit. This blog was created in attempts to help me become a better person so that I could be a better mother, wife, friend and member of society...it's time that I put that back into focus and start figuring out a game plan...

Hope, faith and love,

Kate

2 comments:

Elena said...

I enjoyed reading your very honest message. It was terrific to hear how we moms need to learn to take better care of ourselves; Unfortunately, the world does not stop when we are sick, busy, or have too much on our plates. I hope that you find the time to do what you need to do, but also to nurture your soul. Here's to a great new year!

Maggie said...

It's sounds like Pete's aunt wasn't the only wise person in the house. Your wisdom is there, just needing to rise to the surface on occasion.