Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home Again...

It feels good to be back home (with the exception that Pete is not with us and is still in Missouri) and back to our normal routine. Nate was really excited about going back to school and Juliana and I prepared ourselves for a morning of cleaning and organizing...okay, maybe just I prepared for this and Juliana played with play dough!

I can't even tell you how good it feels to finally be healthy again and rid of all of the Winter's awful ailments. I was seriously starting to think that I would never make it through another 15 minutes without reaching for a tissue! My energy is high, my sleep restored and I'm able to take deep, long breaths. And now that I am feeling good again my mind is racing a million miles an a hour with all of the things I need to do, prepare for and get in order.

When we walked into the house yesterday after being gone for nearly two weeks, I had the chance to see things with a different set of eyes. And what I realized is that this house still needs a LOT of work! Paint, curtains, rugs, shelving, art, pictures...more life in general. It felt good to be able to see that and I'm excited about getting creative and starting the process of making this house our home.

Juliana turns TWO tomorrow...I still can't even believe it! It feels just like yesterday that we were snuggled up in the rocker in her room late at night listening to lullaby's while she nursed. And now, she is singling lullaby's to me, and can't stay still on my lap in the rocker for more than 30 seconds! We are going to meet up with some new friends at the State museum's children's area in the morning for some fun. I hope her birthday is full of love and laughter...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys made it home safe and sound! Please give Juliana a big birthday hug and kiss from us tomorrow!!! We can't wait to see you guys!
Holly

Lizzie said...

dang! i wrote this super long comment and blogger failed and it didn't go through :(

what i HAD said was:

we loved the SC state museum! my kids were really into the dinosaur part and the real train car inside. Happy birthday to Juliana!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time

Anonymous said...

this made me sad about the snuggling in the rocker- Joshua is already almost 4 months- he rolled from his tummy to his back for the first time today- I'll have to email some more pics soon- Nate looks so tall in that pic of Juliana and him