Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reminders

As you may have noticed I have been a bit delinquent in my blog writing over the last week or so. I just haven't been feeling myself lately, and have been having bit of a creativity block as well. Pete had to leave again for Missouri on Friday with about 12 hours notice (after hardly being home from the last trip for less than a week's time). This of course comes after he had already been away on business for six consecutive weeks.

It has been hard, really hard at times. I am tired and in need of a good babysitter! Pete's travels have been stressful on our whole family and I know it it is taking a toll on all of us. But after some serious thinking and some great advice from friends and family, I am making an effort to take charge of my own happiness, regardless of how unhappy I am with the amount of Pete's travel.

So, on that note, I am taking direction from my friend Gwen over at More Lima Beans! and making this list...

What Makes Me Happy

1. Hearing my children laugh
2. Gardening
3. Sewing
4. Raking leaves (I know, I'm wierd)
5. A clean kitchen
6. Throwing the ball to Sophie
7. Sushi
8. Reading my friend's blogs
9. The great feeling I get after a good run
10. Going to bed early enough to actually get a good night's sleep
11. Taking pictures of the kids
12. Painting
13. Girl Scout Cookies-duh!
14. Spending time with my mom
15. Going out to dinner alone with Pete
16. Listening to good music while driving the car
17. Writing stories
18. Getting a new haircut
19. Decorating our house
20. Cooking

Not bad for some needed reminders...

What makes you happy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. Now, you will have to review it each day and see which ones to enjoy.

Elena said...

Great start and good attitude! All you can do is change your own situation and make yourself happy, and venting a little helps too. I hope Pete comes home much sooner this time. Take care --

Lizzie said...

oh Kate. i am so sorry. what a mean job! i am growling at Pete's employer right now! *gggrrrrr*

Why didn't they move you all to Missouri?

I like your "happy" list :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,
I am a lurker and a friend of Gwen's. I have a babysitting idea for you. There is an agency in town called ChildMinders, LLC. A lady named Louise runs it, and we have had wonderful luck with her sitters.

Unknown said...

Oops, forgot to post the phone number. 787-7009. Leave a message and Louise will call you back with all the details. We have no family in town, and this has been a lifesaver for us. We enjoy movies NOT rated PG/G, and we also like to participate in local races together. We have a race-day sitter that will be at our house at 6am!