Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Late Start

I can't believe how fast this week is going by! I have been meaning to post for days now, literally, but my (evil) "to do" list has kept me pretty occupied. If you've been around here for the last few months, you know that things at the Agliata house have been pretty chaotic with Pete's travels and my feeling out of sorts and overwhelmed, spending most of my time alone with the kids. I am happy to report that I have NOT lost my mind, in fact, as of lately, I have begun exploring options to help keep me happy, healthy, and well, otherwise able to keep my marbles from spilling out of my head and falling all over the floor!

I am re-vamping my weekly schedule (I promise I am not as much of a nerd as this makes me sound) in order to help me stay organized and focused on the household cleaning, shopping, etc...I need to get done each day. This helps me to have at least one area of the house cleaned and organized each day and leaves the rest of the day to get other things done (ie. raise the kids!). I was starting to feel a bit frazzled everyday and well, actually completely out of control with all of the things I was expecting myself to accomplish...

I like Erin's take on things over at House on Hill Road...Have-to's and want to's, it's important to make time for both in your life so you have that crazy little thing called b-a-l-a-n-c-e...know what I mean?



I am also developing a passion for sewing! And it's becoming a great outlet for all of the creativity in me I've been harboring since I started having children (in other words: no time)! I recently made some pants for Juliana (hanging from the tree above- don't ask, I was just feeling silly). I'm really excited about all of the possible things I can create and have been enthralled with all of the really cool and inspiring blogs I have found in the last few days which focus on creating handmade items. I'll share some of them with you soon. I also finally got around to adding more fabric to the castle I had made for Nate several months ago...he LOVES it now...except he keeps telling me that he wishes it was green...oh well, can't please everyone!


And, just because they were cheap, cheap, cheap, I bought a ton of red bell peppers the other day and roasted em this morning to jar and puree...


Can we say, oh. my. word...YUM!!!



And finally, getting around to *Today's Memories*...

-Juliana falling asleep in my lap- that never happens anymore...I actually allowed myself ten minutes to just sit there and do nothing but smell her hair and enjoy my baby...

-Seeing Nate smile with pure joy at finally getting to ride his newly repaired bike (ie. motorcycle) again after daddy accidentally ran over one of the training wheels and broke it a few weeks ago!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

i love that polka dot fabric for the pants!!! too cute :) Kate you are doing an amazing job through all this crazy stuff in your life right now. Bravo my dear friend

Unknown said...

Those pants are so adorable. You are quite the seamstress! Can't wait to see your other creations. And hang in there with the kiddos. This motherhood thing is not easy, especially when you're flying solo much of the time. It's hard to find a balance between home, children, and what you want to do. Good luck! And I'm so happy you're still doing your Today's Memories!