Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Charleston Get Away



Last week was a mixed bag of good and bad around here. We started off the preschool year with happy hearts and optimism all around. All in all, the kids and I did slide right back into routine with no major problems or meltdowns. I worked on my thesis here and there and even got the treat of spending an evening out with my dear friend Gwen-kid free! Yet, the continual stresses of Pete's job, mixed with everyday family stresses and revolving our daily life around five house showings during the week, created a few challenges here and there.


But we survived! At the end of the week, we realized that we were in need of some major
R & R! So, we booked a night at a hotel in downtown Charleston, and headed to the beach!





As an added bonus, my younger sister, Kara, drove down from NC to spend the weekend with us and came with us on our mini vacation...it was fantastic to have some great time with Pete and the kids, and also to have some wonderful sister/auntie Kara bonding time.

We also spent much time walking around various parts of Charleston, enjoying the great weather, feeding our belies with fantastic local seafood and taking a few trips down memory lane (Pete, myself and Kara have all lived there at one point or another).


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Very nice description. I love the photos. Where did you eat? What a great photo of Kara and the kids at the restaurant, and oh- Angel Oak. I'm so glad that you ventured there.

Lizzie said...

GREAT pictures!!! looks like you all had a fabulous time :)