Monday, September 28, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Broken Collarbone!



LIFE.

It sure has kept me on my toes this year. I have never experienced such a broad range of emotions, as I have over the past twelve months. Crazy.




Good News: We sold our house after just three weeks on the market- in this tumultuous real estate market, and at this time- after the summer selling season already ended. Not bad. I keep reminding myself that if this move has to happen, I need to be thankful that it is happening quickly and, so far, smoothly.

We had a wonderful, and yes, even mostly relaxing mini vacation last week in Saint Simon's Island, Georgia. Thanks to my wonderful and generous friend Gwen, for allowing us to use their beach house! The ocean was refreshing, the weather, serene and the kids had a blast. While there, we also visited with Pete's parents who were down from Buffalo, NY.

It was good to come home knowing that I only had to clean the house for ourselves from here on out! As long as this contract sticks, no more showings.

I also had a great chance to catch up and visit with my longtime friend, Maria who came from FL for the weekend.

Bad News: Pete's travels continue- he is in Denver for the week.

Worst News: Juliana broke her collarbone this past weekend- and we didn't know the severity of it until this morning...Orthopedic appointment this afternoon....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! How did it happen? Hang in there...gwen

Unknown said...

Oh no! Poor thing--you and her. When it rains, it pours, huh!

Rob said...

Hay I am in Denver, Tell him to call me up and we'll do Dinner. I'll be in Denver for a month.