- creating a "launch pad" to help keep book bags, shoes etc...organized
- finishing the thesis chapter I'm working on
- making a bird feeder with the kids via Christmas gift from auntie krista
- desperately wanting shelving or ANY means of storage for our playroom area
- appreciating the many windows in our kitchen and how awesome it is to soak up the sun's warmth because of it!
- feeling extra thrifty after scoring 2 pairs of knee height Ann Taylor leather boots (1 black, 1 brown) and 2 pairs of boys Merrell slip on shoes for a crazy total of $20 yesterday at a local thrift store!
- relief and a better understanding of how Nate's learning at school, after an hour long phone conversation with his teacher
- slight annoyance at the fact that his school performed tests with each child last week and no one even mentioned it to the parents...
- the need to get caught up with e-mails (along with everything else!)
- getting a "congratulations on the birth of your baby!" package out to a friend who had her baby 6 months ago! I told you I am a procrastinator....
- looking forward to my mom returning from Japan next week and her making her way here to Birmingham for a WEEK long visit!
- Feeling envious, yet also INSPIRED by friends like this, and this, who are so CREATIVE!!!! (thank you for being in my life!)
- Feeling thankful for bloggers like this, and this, and even this, for supplying the rest of us with such amazing resources for educating our children, parenting, and simply living life to the best of our abilities.
- awe at how fast this week is flying by, and how little it feels I've accomplished!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
On My Mind Today...
Posted by kate at 2:38 PM