Sunday, August 14, 2011

Prepping for Fall...

I spent the weekend working in the yard and garden, pulling weeds, adding new pine straw, and pruning here and there. I know it sounds like a lot of work to some, but to me, it's something to which I look forward. Pete watches the kids and I have the chance to day dream, to unwind, to give serious thought to all that weighs on my mind...and lately, that seems to be a lot. I love it.




Jules and I also planted some new seeds for our fall/winter garden...spinach; carrots; lettuce; winter squash; peas; baby choi; and more...


Looking forward to what this week will bring....

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

look at you 2 posts in 2 days! :) i have had the hardest time getting back in the habit of blogging so i started participating in this "30 days about me" thing to help get me started. so far so good. how did the kids 1st day go? or was that today?

kate said...

I hear you Liz! I too am having a hard time getting back into it all-especially with any kind of substance! I like your idea of 30 days about me...maybe I need to go a route like that too. Nice job making it work though, hope you are all well!