Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Creating the Perfect (Slow Home) Laundry Room


Lovely, isn't it? Sorry to disappoint, but no, this is not my laundry room.

I am one of those people who loves the idea of decorating, more than the actual art of making it happen. For those of us who are a bit challenged in this particular arena of life, creating organized, functional, and decent looking spaces (it doesn't even have to be beautiful...although that would be great) throughout our homes can often be a frustrating endeavor. That might explain why so many of us don't ever get around to making it happen.

But I am not here to complain, rather, I am here to forge ahead, and get the job done. My hope is that my doing so, will also encourage you to try and accomplish the same thing! What every (great)unorganized, overwhelmed, and procrastinating home decorator needs the most is inspiration...So, with that in mind, I headed over to Pinterest.com to gain some of that magic mojo by seeking out inspiring photos of simple, efficient, and yes, even beautiful laundry rooms. Here are a few of my favorites to help get the creative juices flowing:


love that this one has a sink

I really like the color of the cabinets in this one,
and ohso more important, I LOVE that it actually has cabinets...

This one is simple, a great use of space,
and provides lots of natural light. Perfect

Even the tightest of spaces in smaller homes can
properly accommodate a great laundry room.
This is a fantastic example of that!

More proof that a small laundry space can still
be both functional and well designed.

No comments: