Thursday, October 6, 2011

Slow Home Challenge Week Three Update

Update:

The laundry room/pantry challenge this week is moving right along. It's been a busy week for me work-wise and I've had a few other personal obligations to which I needed to attend, so I'm feeling a little bit behind in achieving my original goals for the week. Yet after speaking by phone with John Brown yesterday, founder of the Slow Home movement (I know, I was pretty excited about it too!!!) regarding an article I'm working on, I was happy to learn that the slow home concept is something that should be considered more of a process, that it's not necessarily a home project that you can just whip out in a few weeks.

So for now, I'm happily applying the small changes I am capable of making at this time, and am making notes here and there about additional (and maybe even larger) changes I'd like to pursue in the future. After all, the idea of a slow home should be aligned with the notion of supporting a slower lifestyle...not putting more pressure upon ourselves to get the job done as soon as possible!

Thoughts? Ideas?

Oh, and if the above mentioned conversation with Architect John Brown peeked your interest, you'll be happy to know that I'll be sharing more about it with you soon!

 

No comments: