Monday, October 17, 2011

Slow Home Challenge Week Four: The Master Bedroom

Due to an expansion of LIFE events last week, I had to postpone any further work on Week Four of my Slow Home Challenge: The Master Bedroom to this week. I'm excited to get to this work on this room in particular because I really want to create a space that is truly a haven at the end of the day. Right now, it's not awful to walk into, but I know it can reflect the slow home philosophies so much more.

This is what the room looks like now:


This week I'll be working to create a slower, more intentional space in my bedroom. The room provides plenty of space, pleasant architecture, and lots of natural lighting.


Yet, as you can see...my inability to organize well, and to properly arrange furniture and other decor, has left this room feeling a bit void of life, not to mention being a place of comfort and tranquility at the end of a long day.



In my continual effort to KEEP IT REAL here, you can see that I have issues with finding proper places for everything in my home...this week I'll be tackling THAT pile too...


Here's what I do like about the room however:


The few personal effects (a photo from a visit to Kylemore Abbey in Ireland; seashells from my honeymoon, and the sweet footprint of one of my babes).


Some framed artwork created by Juliana.


And this view...I know it may be a bit hard to see well, but I've always liked the transition and diversity in architecture from the bedroom ceiling through the doorway to the hallway and beyond.

Here's to loads of achievement this week! What elements of your bedroom will you be "slowing" down?

No comments: