Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Pressure is on!

I have always been a tad bit of a procrastinator, okay, maybe, a lot of a procrastinator. But I swear, most of the time, I still get everything accomplished and sometimes even better, as I think (stress the word think) that I work well under pressure. I finished classes in May, but haven't touched my thesis in two months (Krista don't be disappointed in me!) I started my first (hopefully not my last) novel oh, about five years ago and only have about 40 pages written- I haven't even looked at it in about ten months, maybe longer. And these things are supposed to be a big part of who I am...a big part of me and my ability to express through my writing...and yet, I choose to sit here and type this instead! I guess it is because I feel daunted by the overwhelming task of getting back into those two things. I would have to spend hours re-acquainting myself with characters and time lines, ideas and goals. But I know I need to do it. So, I am going to try and set some new goals for myself. The thesis has to be the priority, so I will try and get back into it this week, no, I will get back into it. Any suggestions from those of you who are always one step ahead of the game (Jenny/Krista!) on helping to set up a schedule for me?

I need help. Badly.

Thanks, Kate

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

I know you can do it Kate! Yeah kids have a way of being everything all the time, even when we want to be our "old self" Somehow God makes us someone completely different after we have babies. I know I am interested in things I never was before. But, little ones also give us the gift of new discovers and new ways to express ourselves. You may need to do your Thesis at midnight covered in peanut butter and jelly holding a toddler… but it doesn’t get better then this! Good luck

Maggie said...

When I took that class in "Life's Goals" in the winter, it suggested long and short term goals. Really try breaking it down into manageable chuck of the project with time frames and deadlines. The writing will come to you much easier once you get it going.
Mom

kate said...

thanks for the great advice both Liz and Mom! I really appreciate you taking the time to think of me.