Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Revived, once again!




Revived once again! We arrived home to Georgia last night after spending several days in Raleigh NC visiting with my mom, Kara and Robin. We had soooo much fun! Of course the main reason we went up there was to participate in the Susan G Koman Race for the Cure (breast cancer) and it was awesome!!!!!! I ran in the 5K race and completed my best time at 35 minutes. It was an exhilarating run as we raced through charming neighborhoods with hundreds of people out on their lawns shouting words of encouragement and spraying us with much appreciated hoses! After the run, we all participated in a one mile walk. Overall, I think everyone in my family, including Robin, raised a total of $500 toward the $2 million raised in Raleigh alone! Absolutely amazing!

Father's Day was really nice as well. Church, and a day at the park, riding the carousal and kiddie boats!


We also had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. The kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed simply being in a community with diversity and culture. It felt good to be getting more from life and to be enriching our children's lives as well.

As I'm sure everyone else is experiencing, we came home to dead grass! Ugh....summer in the south is brutal!

I'll write more...hope you are all well!


Love, Kate

No comments: