Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pure Indulgence

This past weekend I had the wonderful, and I might I add extremely rare opportunity to head off on MY OWN for Three. Whole. Days.

I went to NC to take part in MOMart, an amazing annual art show comprised of mother artists and others who donate 25% of their sales to a local charitable organization. This year, the recipient was the Genesis House, a non profit group who helps the homeless get back on their feet and at risk youths from becoming homeless. It was an awesome weekend all around, but in addition to the show, I also spent time visiting with my younger sister, Kara, my mother, and my longtime friend, Robin.

The show kicked off on Friday night with a full blown reception, at which point I realized how amazing it was to be back amongst adult-only conversation, an opportunity to dress up, listen to LIVE music, sip fine wine, and INDULGE in some of the most tantalizing food I've experienced in quite a while.




In fact, had it not been for the art show, I would almost have to say that the majority of the weekend comprised mostly of my indulging in good food. In fact, too much indulgence, on too much good food.



But...it was worth it. All of it.


I even got to go and shop at Trader Joe's, one of my all time favorite grocery stores, and boy, did I indulge there too!



What an awesome weekend....

5 comments:

Maggie said...

It sounds like it was a very successful weekend.

Krista said...

Glad you enjoyed yourself so much. It was probably a good break from all the stress!

Unknown said...

Hey Kate,
Your display looks fantastic! I hope there was a good turnout--and for such a great cause, too. Sounds like you had fun--you deserve it!
Hugs!
~Michelle

Lizzie said...

wow! adult weekend??? what in the world is that??? hee hee. Kate i am so glad you had this chance to be just you. glad the food and conversation was wonderful as well.

Holly said...

Good for you! Looks like you had an awesome time,we need this time for US to be better moms!! Glad you did it!