Friday, May 8, 2009

Weekend Expectations


I can feel it already...excitement for all the possibility this weekend, yet also a sense of expectations not being met because I often over plan and think everyone else should be able to read my mind and know what will make me happy...How naive of me!

With Mother's Day just two days away as well as getting the (lately very rare) chance to spend two whole solid days with my husband, I am feeling the need to squeeze in as much as possible this weekend.
Trying to accomplish all of the wonderful things I want to do and see this weekend along with trying to do all of the house and yard work that Pete and I have talked about= meltdown on my end.
I know, I know, you're asking, really, who could have a meltdown with these two cuties around?

So instead of having a meltdown from not getting getting everything accomplished or not getting to do everything I wanted, I have decided to take cue from my friend Gwen over at More Lima Beans and make a REALISTIC list of expectations.

1. Work on the yard a bit here and there
2. Drive into town to look at patio furniture/possibly purchase some
3. take some family video (it's been a while)
4. Play soccer with Nate
5. Get some fencing for my vegetable garden
6. Go over major spending/housing budget with Pete
7. Ask Pete to fix wooden shelf


8. For Mother's Day I am hoping for:

a. A simple breakfast with lots of fruit-maybe crepes!
b. To go to church with my whole family
c. To go downtown to the gourmet shop or for a walk with the kids
d. To have Pete cook dinner-maybe some seafood?
e. to have the kids help set the table
f. fresh flowers
g. to go for a run by myself in the neighborhood
h. to try and take some family photos
i. a nap!


It's going to be a wonderful weekend with my family...I hope you all enjoy your weekend as well!


1 comment:

Lizzie said...

amen to those lists! i am going to go add a nap to mine right now :)