Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Creativity Blooming

Despite being away from home all week and our having to stay in a hotel, I have really worked hard to maintain my motivation to keep the kids involved in daily creativity and learning.

We picked up some paint brushes and washable watercolor paints and went to work!

Nate painted a "deep diver" diving into the pool, and Juliana painted pictures of fairies, princesses, ballerinas and castles (but of course!).


It was a great way to spend some time yesterday...

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

how great of you to still be doing all this even with being away!

love the pictures, they look like they were having a lot of fun :)

Rob said...

Your kids are going to be brilliant. As a child, I never did cool stuff like you do with your children. That may explain why my four year old has better hand writing then myself and can draw better stick figures then I can.

Head Lima Bean said...

hooray! i've got my water color pencils packed for nh and can't wait to let them loose.

kate said...

Liz- thanks! I am so thankful for the Residence Inn hotel where we were able to have a kitchen (table) and plenty of other room for work and play!

Rob- I can only hope for brilliance, but you know, I'm not the smartest cookie out there, I just like to be creative and hope my kids can learn something from it! Maybe your four-year-old can sit down and have some handwriting lessons with you!

Gwen- gow wild with creativity and art in NH- I can't wait to see what happens!