Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Tour of The South Continues...



Well, it's (nearly) official. Pete's job is moving to Birmingham, Alabama...

And it looks like we are too.



Let's just say that after the last year of looking for a new job for him, packing up our stuff and moving out of Dublin, GA, selling our house there, finding a new job (one that was described having little to no travel involved-yeah, right!) and settling in a wonderful suburb outside of South Carolina's state capitol, making friends, starting at a new preschool, and getting involved in the community in many other ways....I am really not looking forward to having to do it all again, so soon.



I am mad, I am disappointed, I am feeling robbed of time and an ability to utilize that time to accomplish productive things with my children or working on my thesis, rather than planning another re-location...

But I am trying to stay positive. I'm trying to be hopeful. I will say in all of my research and in talking to people who've been there the Birmingham area is actually pretty nice and very beautiful as well.

So now the challenges begin and the ideas of a South Carolina future fade away.

Does anyone have any good connections near Birmingham or positive things to share about their experiences there? Please do, if so!


I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of things, it will certainly be interesting!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

It looks like Birmingham is actually more North than is Dublin/Macon, Georgia.

Lizzie said...

it is amazing how similar our lives can be at times!!! i just wrote a moving post (no not yet, so yes you can still come visit us in AZ!)

i got your e-mail, sorry to not write back :( i had wanted to call instead, too much to type back.

you know the old "everything happens for a reason" it true dear. and i find the more i trust in this the easier transitions can be. you all moving could very well be just what you need. you and Pete need some together time and that has been so hard in your current location. Chin up, know that I am always here for.