Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Not much to report today. I am doing my best to stay focused and keep us all preoccupied and (me) non obsessed with the upcoming relocation. It's so hard to find that healthy balance that we all strive for- especially during crazy, chaotic times like these! Any suggestions on how to stay on top of that would be so appreciated!

We had a good weekend- we played hard and worked hard! Saturday we roller bladed across the dam again and then hit the Lake Murray beach. The kids had a great time playing with new friends while Pete and I just enjoyed the rare chance to sit and relax.

Sunday we worked in the yard, cleaned the swing set and power washed the deck- all in preparation to sell the house.

Nate has had this weird obsession with the power washer for the last two years, he is always asking Pete if and when they can use it! He was so happy on Sunday when he got his chance again!
Jules decided she would pitch in by sweeping the deck...then after a minute or two, she was officially off duty for the day!

Now I am researching (stressing) over Alabama preschools and hoping and praying that we can get both kids into a great one...funny, I am having a deja vu from last year, oh right, it was this time last year that I was doing the same thing for preschools in SC... I am trying my best to remind myself that all will happen as it is meant to be...it will, won't it?

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh Kate!! You have such a great attitude! I really admire the way you are handling all of this! Keep that attitude and everything will work out!
Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

You are so sweet to check in on me! We are all doing great, just busy with all the summer activities that having three boys home brings: playdates, outings, swimming, cookouts. I think about my bog every day, and hope to make time for it soon. But right now, I am going to get myself a cup of coffee and read about what you guys have been up to! Love your photo in your banner--so sweet.

Lizzie said...

i LOVE Julianna's hair!! so cute :)

school research is tough, i am doing this myself. why? because Joe and i have decided to take the plunge. we're gonna move back east for sure. step 1, save up some $. we used most of our savings to afford this place now we have nothing to move on :( BAD LIZZIE!! so we're thinking next year we'll be ready to move. Where? CHATTANOOGA, TN oh and what's that? we'd be 128 miles from Birmingham, AL!!!! I am so stoked :) we can easily get together often.

Kate, take a deep breath. sip some hot tea and sit on your back porch and enjoy yourself today.

Lizzie said...

oh and LOVE the new blog design ;)