Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Doing That Balance Thing

After such a great start to my day yesterday (with an extra early rise and a great run) I knew I had to make the most of the rest of the day as well. So, before I could give myself much time to deliberate, I packed up some lunch, towels, buckets and shovels, loaded the kids up in the car, and headed to the beach.



The kids swam, made new friends, saw a turtle swimming underneath them, and made sand castles.




I sat close to the water, did a little reading, and enjoyed a few hours of "getting away" from it all.




When Pete came home from work last night he and the kids took an opportunity to indulge in some of Pete's method of "getting away" from it all...


(He and Nate chasing Kamilah around the house)



Ready...

Set...


Go!!!!!

I so wish I had waited just one more second to snap this photo! It would have been great to see little Nate's entire look!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

that's such a great day!! i need one of those today. the pay cut finally hit us hard. Kate i feel so ridiculous saying this but i am actually scared at how we are going to make it here with the cost f living being so much. *ugh* say a silent prayer for us please!!