Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Morning Thoughts

I love a nice quiet Saturday morning... The husband is still asleep, the kids are playing in the family room and I am sitting down with some toast and coffee, carousing food and "living" blogs, getting lost in the inspiration of other people's daily ongoings.


Why can't I just whip up some braised beef short ribs or a lemon souffle pudding? Oh why, oh why, do they make it look so yummy and easy?!
We finally got our rain yesterday! And I was only too happy to send the pleading kids out into it! They excitedly put on their rubber boots, donned their new slick raincoats and I, with my own broad grin, watched them happily skip out into the falling water...


The pure joy of being a kid; no responsibilities other than making the most of what the day brings to you...you sure can't beat that.



They had a blast, and really, so did I just watching them!



I hope your weekend is wonderful!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the new slickers. Apparently it has rain most day here since May! It did so yesterday with a vengeance, a real downpour. Of course I had left my umbrella in the car, as the sun had come out, and I thought that it would remain sunny.
It is sunny today so far.

Lizzie said...

how fun! i want rain :( send it, send it!!!

Rob said...

Just left Alabama, I lived there for the last 4 months in Huntsville. I am hoping that your move goes well!!!