Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 New Year's Goals

Appreciating More of the simple moments in daily life

A refined list of my New Year's goals:


1. Eat better (less sweets and red meats, more veggies and fish)

2. Drink less (caffeinated drinks and wine!)

3. Exercise more (I know blah, blah, blah, this is starting to sound like every one's list of resolutions every year!)

4. Do more yoga

5. Read 15-20 novels- Any suggestions?

6. Finish my THESIS!!

7. Implement more Montessori methods into the kid's at home learning/create a specific learning spot for them in the house and only use it for the above mentioned

8. S-L-O-W down (and enjoy more of the simple, smaller moments in every day life)

9. Get more sleep/rest

10. Be more forgiving with myself

11. Pay more attention to my food allergies/sensitivities

12. Finish and print both kid's FIRST year photo albums (yes, I am such a slacker!)

13. Get back to a cleaning/housework weekly schedule

14. Customize our at home daily routine/RHYTHM

15. Play with the dogs more

16. Simplify my gardening expectations (instead of planting 15 different kinds of seeds, and having mediocre results, narrow it down to 3-5 kinds and really do it well!)

17. Read the manual that came with our awesome camera (a year ago!) and start learning how to really USE the amazing documentary tool!

18. Take more pictures

19. Organize and delete unwanted digital photos at the end of each month

20. Begin work on 2010 annual family photo album, this January, not next December!

21. Direct more energy into a few solid friendships with people here, instead of trying to make a whole heap of new acquaintances.

22. More importantly, spend more time nurturing EXISTING friendships!

23. Send mail once a week to Nana

24. Post here more often- resume Today's Memories

25. Apply for, and write more online reviews



Okay, I think that is good for now...I want to stay realistic! I hope I can accomplish all of these goals, I'll do my best to let you know how I do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Kate! Loving your list! Here's some books for 2010 if you didn't already read them: Time Traveler's Wife--slow at times, but overall pretty good; Sarah's Key--sobbing sad; The Knitting Circle--a fast read that I really enjoyed, and it prompted me to start knitting! Good luck with your resolutions/goals for 2010!

Dana said...

This is kind of a chick-lit, but Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. Reading it now...super good.

Also- loved the post on Nate and your wedding...children are so pure and it is refreshing to hear their thoughts!