Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 Promises

As the New Year fast approaches, I am beginning to focus my thoughts on the age old idea of New Year's Resolutions!

It's easy for me to want to fall into this frame of mind because of our family's current position. After having just moved into a new house, in a new state, and after the past year of Pete's crazy travel schedule and the ups and downs associated with it, I can honestly say that it feels good to want to focus on making positive changes.

I remember writing about all of the resolutions I wanted to make for 2009 and of course, as usual, I had great intentions (I usually always do!). But intentions are just that, intentions-not promises. And as 2010 comes into sight, I commit, and I promise to make the changes I seek.


I am starting by promising myself to dedicate a certain amount of time each week to reading, understanding and embedding into my daily life all that I learn from a book I received from my sister, Krista, The Simple Abundance Companion.

This book (really a workbook of sorts) focuses on learning to accept yourself for all that you are and strives to get you to take a good solid look at how your choosing to live your life. Are you filling your days with work, errands, volunteering, grocery shopping, tending to your children, but never to yourself?

I am promising myself a slower new year, a more accomplished new year, and a more fullfilled new year.

Where do your 2010 New Year resolutions begin?

No comments: