Monday, December 14, 2009

Gratitude

In my efforts to focus on more of the positives in life, I want to share with you some of what I am grateful for today....

1. Two children who are finally getting over the flu!
2. A wonderful new house, with plenty of room for us to spread out
3. Cleared bathroom counter tops (I finally unpacked and semi-organized the master bath)
4. A new dishwasher
5. A dryer that works
6. A Christmas tree with lights (no ornaments yet)
7. Stockings hanging from the mantle
8. Having the opportunity to spend an hour by myself in reflection during yesterday's mass
9. Juliana walking happily into her preschool classroom today- instead of with tears!
10. Finally feeling a lot less exhausted after all of the last month's moving and hard work

Today's Memory:
Last night after getting into bed and saying prayers, Nate asked me, "where does God live, does he live in Heaven?"

"Yes, he does, but he also lives all around us too," I told him.

Nate reached his arm up into the air and said, but I don't feel him."

So, I said, well, you can feel his love all around you, can't you?"

"Yes! I can!" he said....

It was really awesome!

3 comments:

Hope D. said...

Love Nate's comment. Raven and I have discussions along the same lines sometimes. Hope you all enjoy the holidays.

Krista said...

Nate is really growing up, isn't he?

Maggie said...

A terrific post.