Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My 401st Post!!!!!!!!


Wow, I almost forgot to make note of my reaching the 400th post written here on Kate's Musings!


Although I have issues committing (there have been a few times when I've stayed a way a bit too long) I LOVE this space!!! I published my first post on April 15, 2008, in an attempt to create a personal space in which I could pursue my creativity and share my opinions, ramblings, adventures, quests, challenges, achievements, photos, and all around love of LIFE.


I think I've managed to do a bit of that since then, and wrote about it here: The Evolution of Me.

It wasn't long before I wrote about my passion for green living expanding and growing, and as I adjusted to my new role as a parent, I realized that it was now my responsibility to teach my children about protecting the Earth and their environment, as well as their own health.





I wrote about the crazy adventures associated with our moves...from Dublin, GA to Columbia, SC....and then from SC to Birmingham, AL and all of the temporary living in between:







And then there are all of my efforts to capture parenting experiences and so many amazing moments shared with my children, such as this, A reminder of Innocence, and this, A letter to Nate on his 5th Birthday, and this, The Little Things.





Most recently, this blog has shifted gears to focus on slow home living...and I love it. It's a true reflection of where I am in life right now...making desperate, yet, whole hearted efforts to create a home that is both nurturing for my family and efficient enough to help us enjoy more of life, rather than wasting precious time and energy. I'm excited to add to Kate's Musings this area in which I can reflect and document my research, findings, challenges and successes regarding my Slow Home Challenge.




I am not perfect, and I have made lots (and lots) of mistakes throughout my 37 years. I'm a little bit out there, a little bit bold, and a whole lot passionate about way too many things. Yet, here I can be myself, no matter what. I can sit at the keyboard and just see where my mind directs my fingertips...What better a way to grow and learn then by creating a space where one can document and explore all of the possibility surrounding personal experiences?


I love that I have so many friends and family who take the time from their busy routines to stop by and visit here...I hope you'll see my life spread out here for another 400 posts!

No comments: