Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just Like Daddy



Thursday, April 17, 2008


Well, just when I thought my son--the one who often sits at the kitchen table staring hopelessly out the window, dreaming of Lord only knows what while his grilled cheese becomes icy--was going to turn out like his mom--the queen of daydreaming--here we discover maybe he's more like his dad after all! This is Nate trying desperately yesterday to "turn on" and play music from his little (non electronic and also upside down) piano!


So maybe, just maybe, if we're lucky, he and his sister will get the best of both of our characteristics...and leave behind the few, but nonetheless present, lagging qualities that have hindered his mom and dad's abilities over the years....wouldn't that be great?


Despite missing Pete and the fact that we have no hot water (yes good timing for our four-year-old water heater to burst into flames) we are holding up the fort okay. I thank God for good neighbors and even better friends who come by at 8:30 pm to reveal hazards in the water tank and close the attic ladder (which I have discovered I am too short--yes me-- to reach up and close). Come home soon Pete!!!!


Blue Eyed Beauty Jules

1 comment:

Krista said...

Very cute! I finally got a chance to read the blogs.