Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to Living

Wow, it really has been a LONG time since I last posted! So much has been going on and we have been accomplishing so much as well!

We are finally in SC, and here for good! Over the past two weeks, we've been tying up all of the loose ends that come along with selling an old home and purchasing a new one- inspections, mortgages and deeds...and of course all of the other fun things like exploring new turf, getting to shop again, and starting Nate at a new school! It feels so good to be back in a diverse community with a broad range of culture, outdoor recreation, shopping, children's activities, and complexity of beliefs and lifestyle! I feel so blessed to have experienced living in so many different types of communities in my lifetime (I have lived in 11 states and can't even count how many times I've moved) and as a result, I now feel that I can and will truly appreciate what Columbia and it's surrounding areas have to offer.

Although the Dublin, GA area is the place where our children were born and our family extended, it simply could not meet our personal aspirations and the desire for enrichment our family thrives upon. With that said, I am however, thankful for the friendships that were developed and despite some distance, hope they will continue to grow over time.

So, now that some dust has settled, I aim to get back to my long neglected blog, and hopefully haven't lost too many of you! Let's get back to living!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

ready and willing to read what comes next in your family adventure! My munchkins woke up this morning wanting to go back to the zoo :) Today will be pretty boring around our house, i need to do our long neglected budget and balance the check book. i am scared! ha ha. hope you all have a good day. welcome back.

Elena said...

You're back to living and back to writing -- yahoo! Missed you around here in the blogging world. Hope you're settling in well, and I'm glad you got Nate back into preschool. It's great to be back in civilization.

Take care!
Elena