Monday, October 27, 2008

Eight Days to Go!

We had so much fun this weekend!!! We had a great time visiting with some friends (Liz from Infectious Chatter and her family) we hadn't seen a a long, long time! After a wonderful day at Columbia's Riverbank Zoo, and dinner together, it was hard to say goodbye. Our children had a so much fun- isn't it wonderful how children can meet for the first time and instantly become buds? Anyway, might I add ONE more time how good it feels to be somewhere again where the heartbeat of life pulsates all around you. I really do feel as though I am waking up my senses and my motivations.

On a political note- only eight days away from electing our next President!

I will not go into any in depth analysis, I will leave that to my dear friend over at the current events corner (she really does do her research). I may have strayed from mentioning my political motivations in the past, okay, maybe not so much, but as some of your may know I am a supporter of Barack Obama. I have become more and more pleased with his goals and ideas regarding the desperately needed new direction for our country's government. I don't stick my neck out too often to try and persuade people one way or another, because I am not big into debating. So, I will not do that here either. However, if there is anyone person out there whom I can try and persuade to vote for Obama over McCain, please let me know and I will put in a call to you!!!!!

On a note of running mates, I read this morning that even Alaska's Anchorage Daily News, the largest newspaper in Palin's securely Republican state of Alaska, has chosen to endorse Obama, stating that Palin is simply "too risky" to be one step away from the Oval Office.

Interesting. Very interesting.
More for you later!

3 comments:

Elena said...

Yikes -- I didn't know about the non-endorsement for Alaska's own governor. So glad only 8 days left! I will return to my much neglected political blog soon (am in the process of writing it now). Glad you're back, Kate! I agree, my senses seemed to wake up after we left small town living behind. Take care.

kate said...

Thanks Elena, I am looking forward to your "coverage" of the new president with the new year!

Lizzie said...

we had a blast too. i am so happy for you guys and this big move. excitement city!

politics, oh politics...

still stickin' with McCain, but I will say I am willing to hear why I should vote Obama. I am looking at past not future, i have no way of knowing if Obama will do what he says he will.

But in all honestly I do believe either candidate will bring a breath of fresh air to the white house. Things will change, because they have to, it ain't goin' so well in Washington these days.

Talk to you soon!