Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back In The Cooking Game

Now that Pete is back home again, after being gone for what feels like years, (over-exaggeration) I am having to meal plan and actually spend time cooking hearty family meals again! It's great, really, I love to cook, but at the same time I also feel a bit lost (it's been too long since I've spent more than 15 minutes preparing dinner, and no, I'm not bragging about this).



So, I'll admit, I'm having a hard time getting back into the game. That, along with the fact that my children are still super fussy eaters, presents some challenges for me.



A few months ago I discovered this great foodie blog, 1 Family. Friendly. Food, it's chock full of fantastic solutions to everyday cooking- for, and with your family. And for me, the best part is that after a few visits to the site, like finding this post on weekly menu planning, I am starting to feel back on track!



Go check it out- I promise you won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

thanks for the tip :) i am doing my best... i hate cooking, i really do. i wish i didn't!!! but this week, i have cooked every night! woohoo! it was east stuff (tacos, pot stickers, mexican salad) but still i do like feeding a hungry family even if it involves turning on the stove, ha ha.

good luck getting back into the swing of things. is Pete home for good now? i hope!