Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome Summer!


I saw this cool post last week at the Artful Parent about creating a "Doorway to Summer." I decided to put my own spin on the activity and sat the kids down for some brainstorming. To start off, we came up with a list of all of the things that summer means to us, and then moved to a list of all of the things that we hope to do this summer!

Last night after the kids had dinner, they wanted to look at our list again. They saw this one, and the next thing I knew, we were rounding up the doggie shampoo and Nate was running out the door to get the hose!

The dogs look so shiney (and clean) now! Check out that beautiful coat!

And wow, all that running around trying to wash the poor cowering animals really wore us all out! But I have to admit, we all had a lot of fun!


Today's Memories:

-Shedding a few tears myself in the car this morning after handing over a crying Juliana to the director of Vacation Bible School! She is still in the I want my mommy all of the time phase...

Seeing pure Joy on Nate's face while he played with a school friend this afternoon. They stayed together like two peas in a pod...hurray for friends the same age!

-Stopping to listen to the silence all around me this morning in the public library while I worked diligently on my thesis!


2 comments:

Nurit said...

The dog does look stuningly shiny :)
Great idea to hang that board with activities to do with the kids. Yeah, we should start making some plans too. I'd love to hear what activites you have in those notes...

Lizzie said...

your thesis? what's that? just kidding :) glad you had some quiet time, and i hope VBS gets easier as the week goes on.