Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chances


Feeling much better these days. Trying to live life to the fullest. With cooler weather, we enjoyed the fireplace this past weekend and let the kids roast marshmellows. It was so much fun!


I'm doing my best to make time to enjoy the last few weeks of our living in South Carolina...allowing myself to stop and visit with neighbors or linger with the kids in our beloved backyard, for a little while longer.


I think I have learned a lot this year, about myself and about life in general. Despite our life heading in an unintended (and often undesired) direction, I have learned to try my hardest to still appreciate what and who I have in my life, where I am, literally and emotionally, and find the positive in where I am and where I am going.

More and more I am seeing the bigger picture. We only get one shot at this life, why spend it being unhappy, or even worse, unappreciative?


I'm also learning to take advantage of having the ability to take chances in life. Where would we be without them? If you're up to it, listen to this new song, Chances, by Five For Fighting. The more I listen to it, the more I realize how important it is to take those chances. Taking them often means the difference between living or just surrendering.

I want to take chances. Today, I chose living.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Very Nice !

Unknown said...

So happy for your fresh outlook. And I love that song, too. Been meaning to do a layout with those lyrics.