Monday, June 7, 2010

Lately...


Watching my children run in and out of the tent we've set up in the back yard...it is magical! They are so enthralled by it, and the excitement that it creates!


Lately, I have been...



  • thinking about old friends

  • pondering new ones

  • enjoying not having to go anywhere, if we don't want to

  • loving weekends with my family, and my husband especially, who has charged things up a notch with loads of outdoor family time, including some tennis for he and I yesterday!

  • taking the kids for walks

  • journaling, and seeing where it takes me....loving it!

  • taking more photos

  • feeling STOKED about my garden this year- the first in a long time that has been this successful!

  • Fighting a feeling of losing Nate to Kindergarten in two months...

  • P-U-R-G-I-N-G! How awesome it was to have a yard sale a few weeks ago, we made out far better than I thought we would too!

  • wondering why on Earth my lower back is always NUMB these days....man, I swear, I am FALLING apart!

6 comments:

Rob said...

I am thinking about chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and Estes Park.

kate said...

Rob-What is going on at Estes Prak these days? I bet it is beautiful this time of year...that ice cream sounds good too!

Pat Daigle said...

Love your blog. I made it here through facebook and think that I will be coming back ona regular basis. Take care and enjoy the day.

Rachel said...

We are purging over here too... and my kids are begging for a tent! They so desperately want to go camping. I might just set one up in the backyard for them... thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer said...

I so wish I could grow plants. I have the proverbial "black thumb".

Laura said...

Camping in the backyard used to be one of my favorite things growing up! It is such an easy way for some awesome memories and great family bonding!!!!