Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Refreshed!

What an incredible weekend! I am so lucky to have a husband who has apparently REALLY been listening to me for the past few months when I've vented about how much I really needed a break! As I mentioned in my previous post- Pete surprised me this past weekend with a getaway to Charleston to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary! We also had the opportunity to see "Monkey- Journey to the West" (http://www.monkeyjourneytothewest.com/) an unbelivable musical theater experience about a monkey in search of his enlightenment. The all Chinese cast was phenominal down to the martial arts, the acrobatic performances while hanging from wires in the air, to the singing. It was truley a spectacular event!

And the other highlight for us was dinner at High Cotton, one of the more exclusive restaurants in town (which of course was a bit too pricy for a young college girl like me all the years ago I lived in Charleston!) Dinner was fabulous and our bill proved it!

We drove back to Savannah with the top down (we traded cars with krista so she could have the SUV for the kids while we took her BMW convertible) and went to the beach with the kids and Krista at Tybee Island yesterday. What an awesome getaway! It was difficult to come back to Dublin......but life also needs to be lived in addition to being enjoyed!

I feel refreshed and re-energized!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Pete! Congratulations on your fifth wedding anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. It was a great weekend.