Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What A Weekend!!!!

Well, the wedding was incredible! Krista was the most amazingly beautiful bride many of us have ever had the pleasure of seeing! The day and most of the weekend was fairly glitch free with the exception of the groom leaving part of his tux at home and Pete forgetting to bring my toast to the reception for me! Even Nate walked smoothly down the aisle, hand in hand with beautiful Talia, the flower girl. We were all a little concerned about this, as the Rehersal, the day before, had proved a bit challenging for him as he continually bonked poor Talia on the head with the ring pillow!

But wow....it was wonderful. We all had a blast at the reception (some of us had a little too much fun) but it was so great!!!! Fort Jackson was the most unique place to have a wedding reception- there were people impersonating civil war soilders, cannon firings and a blacksmith presentation! The lowcountry boil was a real treat too....it was really something else.

On Sunday we all gathered at Krista and Michael's home to spend some more time together over a backyard picnic luncheon.

One of the greatest aspects of the weekend was the presence of my 94-year-old grandmother- who flew in from Washington State. It was so meaningful for everyone to have her there. In addition, we also got to spend some great time visiting with Pete's dad and step mom, who came down from Western New York! It was quite a special thing to have them there.

But now we are home again, and the past few weeks feel like a whirlwind! I am finishing my last paper for school and will officially be done with graduate classes wednesday night!!!! I am beyond thrilled!

It was so much to be in a city where sooo much is going on and so much is offered. I really miss that. I also really miss being close to family...any family!!!!! I want my children to be exposed to more culture and more diversity, it makes me sad living somewhere where that isn't really an option.

But we will make the best of whatever life brings our way, why? Because life is too short not to.

Congratulations Krista and Michael... we wish for you all of the love and happiness that you deserve!

No comments: