Friday, August 8, 2008

Appreciation of Learning

One of the greatest aspects of parenting is all of the amazing things you get to share with and teach to your children. Every day is a new adventure and a whole new learning experience for them as well as me! Lately, I have seen incredible progression in both of my children's mental and emotional development. Juliana has such a fervor for books, that I can see her learning to read in the next few months! Okay, maybe that is exaggerating a bit, but really, she must approach me ten times a day with book in hand, asking me to read it to her.

Nate is becoming more and more creative and imaginative. He'll pack up his backpack, grab his binoculars and head off on a forest adventure through the living room.

In appreciation of this teaching and learning, I would like to share with you my friend Liz's latest efforts to educate her children about the importance of making a great contribution toward living a more Eco-friendly life. Please check out this link!

http://rackley4.blogspot.com/2008/07/kids-recycling-center.html

That is all for now, we're off to go for a swim at a friend's house.
Love, Kate

11:38 AM UPDATE....Well, we just semi survived our first dual meltdown. After being invited over to swim at the home of a retired couple from our church, Nate and Jules lasted about 28 minutes before they had every float imaginable in the pool and each refusing to go in for more than a minute. Then they wanted to go inside-the house. When I expressed to each of them that that was not an option, well, you can guess, all H*ll broke loose. I actually had to straddle Jules to the ground to get her changed and into the car - she was turning purple from putting up such a struggle. And Nate, well, he just stood there crying his poor little eyes out. I have never been so embarrassed in my life!

Oh, except when Jules had a meltdown at the grocery store last week and Nate Nate ran out into the parking lot while we were at the cash register....Humm, could this be some sort of horrid pattern starting? Toddler hood is so much fun!!!!!!!

No comments: