Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heading to the Outer Banks!

What a frustrating morning! I went to get two pints of paint made, somewhere where I should have known better to go, and an hour and ten minutes later, had a LIST of problems that had occured with the ***** paint guys making my paint. They were actually the most absurd things too- just an example- they didn't put the lid of the can on tight enough and when I put it on the bottom of my cart, it fell over, opening up and spilling paint everywhere!

Okay, enough complaining...I will never ever shop at WAL-MART again!!! I vow to you all right now!

Moving on, I want to send out a HUGE congratulations to my dear friend, Jennifer, who had her second baby boy, Ty, this past weekend. Every one is doing well and wow, he is a beautiful baby!!!

Not much else to write today, I need to pack up our things and get the car loaded up for our long journey to the Outer Banks in NC tomorrow... I will try and post while there, but if not, I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll be back posting in September!

Love, Kate

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I am glad that you finally have seen the light, and it's fortunate that you are moving to an area where you will be closer to a COSTCO, who treats their employees very well and is reasonably priced, and other such stores. So sorry about the paint issues, but............

Anonymous said...

It will be wonderful to live in a place where the nearest Walmart is not within driving distance.

Lizzie said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time in NC! Every year when I hear you guys are doing that again I always think to myself "Our family needs to do an annual thing like that!" Someday I hope to be closer to them all to accomplish it.

Also on the walmart note... I hear you! Let's vow never to step into one again!!! I am in such a small town that I find myself having to deal with craziness there all too often. Talk to you soon.