Friday, August 15, 2008

Let's Get Her Sold!

Happy Friday! What a crazy, crazy week it has been around here. As I think I mentioned in my previous post, WE ARE MOVING (!!!!!!) and if you can't tell, I am slightly, okay really, really, really excited about it!!! I spent the last few days in a frenzy trying to get the house in shape to put on the market, and we actually had some people come and look at it yesterday!


I displayed roses from the garden on our counter tops and made sure that the house smelled good by having scented wax burning all day. Any other suggestions or tips on making the house
more appealing to potential buyers?

To the left is a picture of our kitchen....Help! We are so anxious to get this place sold!

I am still feeling a bit under the weather, colds really do seem to last longer in the summer, don't they? So, we have another boring weekend in Dublin and then next Friday, we are off to the Outer Banks in NC with Pete's family for a week. Wish us luck for the super long car drive with two toddlers!

We're looking forward to the beach and time for family...then Pete will move to Columbia and the reality of what we've gotten ourselves into will really kick in!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Kate

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

best tip: Watch HGTV. I know it sounds weird, but they have some of the best home selling shows with wonderful tips. Always look at every aspect of your house as a potential buyer. "If the entry inviting? Can I raise a family here?" etc. Plus if you have small spaces clear away as much clutter as possible, rent a storage space and purge what doesn't need to be in your home. GOOD LUCK! I hope someday to be in your shoes. *please God help Joe get a job somewhere...anywhere!!!*
Bye!