Monday, August 4, 2008

We're Back...Again!



Hi! Anyone there? Remember me, the one who claimed she would blog, blog, blog her days away? Well, I am back from yet another round of summer getaways....no, it wasn't any fancy hotel or time alone with hubby this time around, but we did have a great time!

The kids and I took off the middle of last week and headed to Savannah to visit with my sister, Krista and her new husband, Michael. With much on the mind these days, we all needed a little distraction, and for goodness sake, something fun to do besides swing on the swings in our backyard at 8 am and 8 pm (it's too hot any other times of day) and making weekly trips to the library!


On our first day there, we went to The Little Jumping Bean, an awesome place filled with those huge inflatables to bounce in. The cool thing about this place is that it caters specifically to children six and under. As you can imagine it was a huge success with Nate and Jules. We spent the following days at various playgrounds, the outdoor pool and really cool water fountain/sprinklers at the YMCA, and of course, the BEACH! In addition, we got to spend a day with my mom who came down from NC on Saturday to spend the week helping Krista recover from her upcoming shoulder surgery.
I even had the chance to do a little tax free shopping for all of us (tax free weekend for back to school) and took advantage of shopping alone while Krista and my mom watched the kids....it was such a strange feeling to be free to spend however much time I needed and not to just run into a store really quickly with two energetic toddlers for exactly what was on a short list...and nothing more!


Fun was had by all at the beach, except for Michael, who in the first five minutes of dipping himself into the water was stung by a fierce and unforgiving jellyfish! I was really touched by the fact that he hung in there for about an hour despite the pain, just so the kids could have some fun playing in the sand and the water. Thank you Michael!
So all in all, it was a fantastic getaway. We are all rejuvenated and ready to start another week in Dudley, GA....at least I think we are......

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

That bouncy place sounds so fun! I'm typing on my cell phone so excuse any spelling errors. We're driving home from charleston (joe is, I'm playing on my blackberry) we too had a nice quick getaway to gain steam for "small town America." Glad you all had fun. Bye!