Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hump Day Headache


Ohhhhh, my head is spinning! What a day...To get an idea of what kind of a day it has been I just need to fill you in on the half hour here- After being in the laundry room for about 5 minutes, I walk into the kitchen to hear all sorts of snickering and crazy noises coming from the pantry. What did find when I opened the door? Two smiling toddlers looking up at me from a top a huge pile of pretzels, dried macaroni and rice cakes!!!!! FIVE MINUTES I was gone! And an entire (new) bag of pretzels, box of macaroni and rice cakes are opened, dumped out and crushed.

To make matters worse, Juliana refused to nap (at all), and Nate has been to time out at least four times for not listening to me....

Yes, it is already destined to be a tall glass of wine night...now the question is red or white?

On lighter news, Nate had his first day of school today! I think all went well, he seemed content when I picked him up and was excited to tell me about some of the kids he remembered from last year.

I am really stressing out about our current situation. I am so afraid of having to be stuck in a tiny apartment in Columbia with two kids and two (big) dogs, who are used to having an acre of backyard to roam about freely. I am afraid that I won't find a (decent) preschool for Nate in SC that has availability in November. I am afraid that after two days of being a single parent, I have already realized that it may be sooner then later that I loose my sanity. You see, my (beloved) children go to bed at the same time as me and rise at the same time as me, therefore resulting in no "down" time for me, that is of course unless I plop the poor things down in front of the cursed TV (which is where they are now). Ugh, we were doing so well with so little TV watching too....

I guess I am just at a point where I have to choose my battles. And yes, yes, I know, tomorrow is a new day and life will go on and all will be well....

In the meantime, at least some of us around here get to relax....

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

OK, miss photographer, first of all, that picture at the bottom of them both in your beautiful big bathtub is just gorgeous! Could be a post card for moms who get no relaxing (Hey maybe we should go in and create a mommy stationary line, hee hee)

second: those little one's know something major is going on in their house these days. as much as we try to "leave them out of the loop" they still know when mommy is stressed. This upcoming move will make you go nuts, let alone all this time being a single parent.

I feel your pain, remember my big day of yard work today? well, let's not get into the fact that Joe was inside sitting on his booty watching ESPN! *grrrrr* I just smiled and said "Thanks for all the help honey!" Can't write a blog about the male frustration going on in my house... BUT I can comment about it one here! :) I hope tomorrow the kids awake only wanting to listen to mommy and to please you. Oh and finish all the laundry and wash the dishes. (one can dream, right?)