Friday, September 12, 2008

Small Prayers Answered

With many deep breaths and an inner push toward more patience, yesterday proved to be a whole lot happier for myself and the kids. In fact, it also provided me with a much needed break! I was stunned to see both of my children fall asleep at the same time yesterday afternoon for about an hour or so. Nate, who hasn't taken a nap in weeks, was the first to go, and fell asleep while reading on the couch. After carrying him into his room and tucking him into his bed, I came back into the kitchen to find poor little Juliana laying on the floor sound asleep on top of her blanket! So, I carried her too, into her room and walked back into the living room, not really knowing what to do with myself!

So, I sat down at the computer, listened to the silence, thought about what I most wanted to do, and created a new blog- A Mother's Shade of Green. Everyone needs to acknowledge their role and responsibility in today's efforts toward helping to heal and recover the damage done to our environment. However, mother's have a bit more responsibility. Having made the conscious decision to bring our children into this world, we owe it to them and to the world in which they live, to make the challenges they'll face less difficult. So, we do what we can. We make every effort possible to make things easier for them, to educate them and to lead by example.

For me, I aim to do just this by making changes toward greener living in our own household, and by teaching them that this way of living is not a choice, but a necessity.

I hope you'll check out A Mother's Shade of Green ( http://mothersshadeofgreen.blogspot.com/) often and pass along the link to anyone you think might be interested in reading it.

Thanks for your support! Kate

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Way to go Kate! if you need help making it all pretty a green let me know. i made the tab buttons on my devotional blog:
http://spiritualwalking.blogspot.com/

(about me, blog roll, etc.) I had so much fun making them. so really if you find a theme online and want to put your own touch on there this sometimes too geeky mom is more then happy to do it :)